Only a couple weeks away from students returning. It has been great to see and talk with so many colleagues who are ready to get the year started. As this new year begins, take time to reconnect and develop positive relationship with your colleagues, families, and students. We truly believe that children will not learn from people they do not like or if they do not feel safe within their learning environment. It is important to make connections that will last a school year. We shared this inspirational TED Talk by Rita F. Pierson last year, and it is something we watch from time to time as a reminder of why we are educators:
- Relationships - The Key to Learning
- "Kids don't learn from people they don't like!"
- "You say it long enough it starts to be a part of you."
- "We teach anyway... because that is what we do! We are educators... We are born to make a difference!"
- "Every kid needs a champion!"
As this new year begins, we encourage you to sustain a relationship goal, which is maintained over time as a focal point to everything you and your students accomplish. “You say it long enough it starts to be a part of you” and it will be a part of your culture as well.
“Be a champion” for your students and enjoy a wonderful start to the 2017-18 school year!