Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Be Connected, Inspired and Inspirational!

Being a connected educator allows for differentiated professional development and daily inspiration to support our professional growth. This blog post is a collection of inspirational videos, blogs and advice that will continue to guide our work as educators, understanding that sustaining and fostering positive relationships is the key to a successful school year!  Be Connected, Inspired and Inspirational!

  • Relationships - The Key to Learning
  • "Kids don't learn from people they don't like!"
  • "You say it long enough it starts to be a part of you."
  • "We teach anyway... because that is what we do! We are educators... We are born to make a difference!"
  • "Every kid needs a champion!"

You Tube session featuring @TaylorMali
  • "Teachers are miracle workers!"
  • "That's an excellent question, what do you think?"
  • "I'm a teacher, this is what I do!"

The Kid President gets it!  


  • "Ohh, now I get it."  
  • "Signs that the student is beginning to face themselves as a thinker."

I am inspired each day by our students and the many talented faculty at our school!  I am also inspired by user-generated content that I find online.  Many of the inspirational items listed above I saw on twitter. Following educators on twitter and blog reading is always uplifting, and it provides me with differentiated professional development, while connecting with great educators around the world.  It can be a bit overwhelming due to the amount of blogs, videos, and information available at all hours of the day.  I try to keep it simple and scroll my twitter feed two or three times a day.  It only takes a couple minutes.  Yes, I do not see it all, and that is fine because there is plenty of inspiration to go around.  I don't read every blog I come across, just the ones that might support our professional growth. I make it a point to check out the following blogs each week:

The Compelled Educator via @Jennifer_Hogan
Bailey & Derek's Daddy via @Jonharper70bd
Fueling Education via @Vroom6
The Colorful Principal via @benjamingilpin

I also read and follow members of the #compelledtribe. I have never met any of these individuals but their blogs inspires me to be a better principal.  They have great energy and passion for educating children and supporting professional growth.  Check them out if you get a chance. 

It is always important to surround ourselves with individuals who are passionate about their work, inspiring each other to be the best possible educators for our students and colleagues.  Be Connected, Inspired and Inspirational!

I look forward to sustaining another school year with an amazing group of connected educators and most importantly... students who inspire us each and every day!  

Enjoy sustaining positive relationships… it is the most important thing we can do for learning!

Keith Howell
Be positive and passionate about the greatest job in the world… teaching children!  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Keith, great post. The blogs you list are my must reads as well. Happy to be part of #compelledtribe with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy to be part of #compelledtribe with you as well. Have a great week

      Delete