Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Be Inspired and Inspirational!

Welcome Back!  On Monday, we will all return after some well-deserved rest and relaxation!  This past week, many educators in our district were vacationing, spending time with friends & family, catching up on home improvement projects and doing a bit of spring cleaning.  We have also been planning for an amazing finish to the school year!    This blog post is a collection of inspirational videos, blogs and advice that will continue to guide our work as educators, understanding that sustaining and fostering positive relationships is the key to a successful conclusion to any school year!  Be Inspired and Inspirational!

TED Talks Education: Rita F. Pierson
  • Relationships - The Key to Learning
  • "Kids don't learn from people they don't like!"
  • "You say it long enough it starts to be a part of you."
  • "We teach anyway... because that is what we do! We are educators... We are born to make a difference!"
  • "Every kid needs a champion!"

You Tube session featuring @TaylorMali
  • "Teachers are miracle workers!"
  • "That's an excellent question, what do you think?"
  • "I'm a teacher, this is what I do!"

The Kid President gets it!  
Great advice from @pernilleripp

  • "Our brain still has mysteries to ponder." 
  • "Make Each Day Count!"

12 Things I Want To Hear My Students Say by @terryheick
  • "Ohh, now I get it."  
  • "Signs that the student is beginning to face themselves as a thinker."

Education Images via @justintarte
  • 10 education images to inspire you this week!

I am inspired each day by our students and the many talented faculty at our school!  I am also inspired by user-generated content that I find online.  Many of the inspirational items listed above I saw on twitter.  I enjoy following dedicated educators.  It can be very uplifting, providing differentiated professional development while connecting with great educators around the world.  It can also be a bit overwhelming due to the amount of blogs, videos, and information available at all hours of the day.  I try to keep it simple and scroll my twitter feed two or three times a day.  It only takes a couple minutes.  Yes, I do not see it all, and that is fine because there is plenty of inspiration to go around.  I don't read every blog I come across, just the ones that might support our growth as a building or my own professional growth.  I do make it a point to read The Colorful Principal and Bailey & Derek's Daddy each week.  I have never met these two individuals but their blog inspires me to be a better principal.  They have great energy and passion for educating children and supporting professional growth.  Check them out if you get a chance.  I would also encourage all of you to sustain positive relationships and surround yourself with individuals that are passionate about their work, inspiring you to be the best educator for your students.  Be Inspired and Inspirational!  

I look forward to finishing another school year with an amazing group of teachers, support staff, parents, and most importantly... students who inspire us each and every day!  

I hope everyone enjoys a fantastic finish to the 2013-14 school year.  Enjoy sustaining positive relationships… it is the most important thing we can do for learning! 

Keith Howell
Be positive and passionate about the greatest job in the world… teaching children!  

No comments:

Post a Comment